If you are eligible, file Form I-485 – Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status with USCIS, including all supporting documents and fees. USCIS will review your application and schedule an interview with you. Once issued, your Green Card will be valid for 10 years.
What is the easiest way to get a green card?
The simplest way to get a Green Card is through the Green Card Lottery. The U.S. Department of State gives away 55,000 Green Cards through the Diversity Visa Program every year.
How long does it take to get green card?
In most cases, it takes about two years for a green card to become available, and the entire process takes around three years.
What are the requirements for applying for a green card?
Green Card Eligibility Categories
- Spouse of a U.S. citizen.
- Unmarried child under the age of 21 of a U.S. citizen.
- Parent of a U.S. citizen who is at least 21 years old.
How much does green card cost?
How much does it cost to apply for a green card? The government filing fees for getting a family-based green card is $1,760 for an applicant living in the United States or $1,200 for an applicant living outside the United States.
Can you buy a green card?
If you are 100% sure that you want to move to the USA permanently to live or work, then there is nothing standing in your way – other than an investment of 900,000 US Dollars. … If you have the money to spend, then it is possible to buy a Green Card through business investments or starting a company.
What is the fastest way to get U.S. citizenship?
Expedited Naturalization by Marriage
- Hold a green card for three years;
- Be married to and living with your US citizen spouse for three years;
- Live within the state that you’re applying in for three months; and.
- Meet all other requirements for US citizenship.