What is the importance of 10 Commandments in tour guiding?
Travelling is much more than going on holiday. It means enriching oneself with the history, traditions and customs of other countries, their people and their culture. The good tourist knows how to behave and how to respect his/her host.
What are the types of tour guide?
Types of tour guides
- Historical guide. A historical guide leads tourists around historical landmarks and points of interest like ruins, temples, battlefields and other sites of historical importance. …
- Adventure guide. …
- Museum guide. …
- Nature guide. …
- City guide. …
- Park guide. …
- Freelance guide.
How do you effectively lead a tour?
The Do’s of a Great Tour Guide
- Tip #1: Do your research. …
- Tip #2: Know your audience. …
- Tip #3: Rehearse what you’re going to say. …
- Tip #4: Introduce yourself. …
- Tip #5: Give a brief overview of the tour route, along with some of the major highlights guests can expect to see.
What is the most important in tour guiding?
Communication is one of the most important skills of a tour guide. Guests rely on tour guides to provide direction, share facts and information, and keep them entertained throughout the tour. As such, a tour guide must speak fluently and coherently.
What are 3 types of tourism?
Forms of tourism: There are three basic forms of tourism: domestic tourism, inbound tourism, and outbound tourism.
What tour guides do?
A tour guide (U.S.) or a tourist guide (European) is a person who provides assistance, information on cultural, historical and contemporary heritage to people on organized sightseeing and individual clients at educational establishments, religious and historical sites such as; museums, and at various venues of tourist …
What are the activities usually the tour guide perform?
What do tour guides do?
- undertaking research and planning tours.
- preparing and giving presentations.
- offering sightseeing advice.
- organising and leading excursions.
- problem solving.
- translating and interpreting.
- transporting and accompanying tourists.
What are the tour guide services?
Tour guide services engaged in as part of a gainful business activity cover the detailed on-site presentation and introduction of attractions significant from a tourism point of view and other sites to visitors as well as the provision of related information and, as the case may be, assistance for visitors in the …
Do and don’ts in tour guiding?
Terms in this set (12)
- Be Punctual. Dos.
- Be Late. Donts.
- Come prepared. Dos.
- Provide false or unsure information. Donts.
- Be cordial and pleasant. Dos.
- Show your exhaustion. Donts.
- Watch your own health. Dos.
- Overdo things. Donts.
How do you write a tour guide?
How to write the script for my tour?
- Create a great introduction.
- Balance the types of content.
- Find the content and write the tour script.
- Think of the best way to explain your stop.
- Create natural transitions in your itinerary.
- End the tour with style.
- Control time, practice and improve the tour script.
How much does a tour guide make?
How much does a Tour Guide make? The national average salary for a Tour Guide is €12 in Ireland. Filter by location to see Tour Guide salaries in your area. Salary estimates are based on 13 salaries submitted anonymously to Glassdoor by Tour Guide employees.
What makes a tour guide confident?
They’re confident with the details of their job.
They know their routes like the backs of their hands and set their guests at ease. This helps guests feel confident and comfortable, even if they’re doing something that feels adventurous—and it’s reflected in tips.