There are no formal education requirements for tour guides, though most have at least a high school diploma. Training and certification programs are available from a variety of travel guide associations, such as the World Federation of Tourist Guide Associations.
What do you need to become a tour guide?
To become an approved guide, you have to pass entrance exams. The Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management conducts guide training on behalf of the Ministry of Tourism. They advertise in the papers once in 2 years or so. You have to apply once the ad appears.
What are the requirements for tour guide?
Tour Guide Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience as a tour guide is advantageous.
- Capacity to stand and walk for extended periods.
- Adherence to prescribed safety codes.
- Excellent conversational skills with a knack for storytelling.
- Personable, humorous disposition.
What to major in if you want to be a tour guide?
Business Administration or any other business degree will always be helpful when you are looking for a tour guide or tour manager job, and communications degrees will also be highly beneficial to have as you are in the business of communicating.
How much does a tour guide make?
How much does a Tour Guide make? The national average salary for a Tour Guide is €12 in Ireland. Filter by location to see Tour Guide salaries in your area. Salary estimates are based on 13 salaries submitted anonymously to Glassdoor by Tour Guide employees.
Is tour guide a good career?
A tour guide gets the opportunity to see the world. It is a job with no time limit. You have to work for a long 12 hours in a day and may be that on the next day you will be free. It is a good career industry but very competitive.
Do you need a degree to be a tour guide?
There are no formal education requirements for tour guides, though most have at least a high school diploma. … These training programs are typically run by current tour guides and cover such subjects as industry knowledge and tour itinerary design. Tour guides must also be knowledgeable in the area they will be covering.
How many years does it take to become a tour guide?
To be a tour guide requires completion of a four-year degree course in social sciences, preferably a BS in Tourism. In-house training is normally conducted for those who qualify for the job.
Do tour guides make good money?
Generally speaking, tour guides can earn between $50 and $150 per day taking a lot of factors into consideration such as experience, locations, training, type of tour, and others. … Some of the more experienced tour guides earn anywhere between $30,000 and $60,000 per year.
What are the disadvantages of being a tour guide?
Disadvantages of Being a Tour Guide
- Tour guides often have to work on weekends.
- Your schedule can change without prior notice.
- You don’t make much money as a tour guide.
- Many tour guides need a second job to survive.
- Short-term contracts are pretty common.
- Seasonality plays a big role in the life of tour guides.
What are the highest paying jobs?
|Rank||Occupation||2020 Median wages|
|2||General Internal Medicine Physicians||$100.00+|
|3||Obstetricians and Gynecologists||$100.00+|
What are fun high paying jobs?
Fun Jobs That Pay Well
- Fire chief. Salary: $77,050. …
- Engineer. Salary: $73,000+ …
- Romance novelist. Salary: $61,240. …
- Cruise ship entertainer. Pay (dancers): $13.74 an hour (median) …
- Food scientist. Salary: $62,920. …
- Art therapist. Salary: Up to $80,000. …
- Music therapist. Salary: Up to $135,000. …
- Lighting designer. Salary: $50,918.