What jobs can you do with a tourism degree?
What Jobs Can You Get With a Tourism Management Degree?
- Front desk clerk/receptionist.
- Events manager.
- Hotel or resort manager.
- Tour operator.
- Tourism marketing manager.
- Travel agency manager.
- Tourist Information Centre manager.
Is tourism a good career?
Is travel and tourism a good career? Yes, a career in travel and tourism is not only adventurous but also lucrative. It is one of the fastest-growing sectors in the world with an increasing turnover and career opportunities that the world becomes more interconnected.
Is studying tourism hard?
It is enjoyable especially because of tours and it is so challenging that we get diferrent experiences day by day. The skills required for tourism course are hard work, patience, good communication skills, interpersonal skills and more.
What do you call a tourism graduate?
The Bachelor of Science in Tourism (BS Tourism) is a 4-year multidisciplinary degree that trains students in becoming leaders, managers, entrepreneurs, and qualified personnel in the tourism industry. It focuses on cultural aspects such as travel, language, and history.
How do I get a job in travel and tourism?
Diploma Courses after Class 12 (10+2)
- Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management.
- Diploma in Hospitality Management.
- Diploma in Tourism Studies.
- Diploma in Aviation, Hospitality and Travel Management.
- Diploma in Tourist Guide.
- Diploma in Tourism and Ticketing.
- Diploma in Airfare and Ticketing.
What are the benefits of studying tourism?
Here are some of the benefits of studying tourism and hospitality, in more details:
- No day is the same. …
- The flexible schedule. …
- You can work locally or internationally. …
- The opportunities are endless. …
- You become part of a legacy.
What kind of jobs can you get with hospitality and tourism?
- Restaurant, food service, lounge, casino, coffee shop, or catering owner, operator or manager.
- Hotel, motel, resort, or bed and breakfast owner, operator or manager.
- Tour company owner, operator or manager.
- Meeting and convention planner.
- Interpreter or translator.
- Tourism and travel services marketing manager.
Is tourism a flight attendant?
Good news: There is no specific educational requirement to become a flight attendant! However, graduates from people-oriented disciplines* such as travel and tourism, communications, psychology, nursing, and education could have an advantage.
Does tourism have board exam?
There is no board examination for BS in Tourism Management graduates. However, if you want to work in the government sector, you have to take and pass the Civil Service Examination to qualify for civil service eligibility necessary for admission to government service such as in the Department of Tourism.