To this point we have learned about the five sectors of tourism: transportation, accommodation, food and beverage, recreation and entertainment, and travel services.
What are the different sectors of the tourism industry?
The tourism sector is divided into three Sub-Sectors: accommodation, Hospitality and related Services, and Travel and distribution Systems. There are many opportunities for the supply of goods and services in the accommodation Sub-Sector as compared to the other two Sub-Sectors.
What are the 5 sectors of the hospitality industry?
Some of these are:
- Fast food chains.
- Retail and food stores.
- Business and industrial catering.
- Leisure and outdoor catering.
What are the 8 sectors of tourism industry?
The 8 Sectors of the Tourism Industry
- The 8 Sectors of the Tourism Industry.
- Adventure Tourism and Recreation. …
- Attractions. …
- Events and Conferences. …
- Food and Beverage. …
- Tourism Services. …
- Transportation. …
- Travel Trade.
What are the 9 sectors of tourism?
The Nine (9) Pillars of Tourism
- Accommodation/ Lodging.
- Food and Beverage.
- Travel Sectors/ Travel Agents.
- Souvenirs and Handicrafts.
- Allied Services.
How many sectors are included in travel and tourism industry?
Of the 25+ subsectors that make up the travel and tourism industry, three sectors–accommodations, air travel and food services–account for more than half of total output.
What are the sectors of tourism and hospitality industry?
The 11 sectors of the hospitality industry:
- Accommodation. The Accommodation sector includes everything from local small B&Bs, to hotels and hostels, and house share like Airborne and Couch-surf. …
- Food & Beverage. …
- Travel & Transportation. …
- Tourism. …
- Meetings and Events. …
- Attractions. …
- 7. Entertainment. …
What are the six major sectors of the travel industry?
There are six major components of tourism, each with their own sub-components. These are: tourist boards, travel services, accommodation services, conferences and events, attractions and tourism services. Below, I will explain what each of the components offer to the tourism industry and provide some relevant examples.
What are the main sectors of tourism in the Philippines?
- 5.1 Beaching and diving.
- 5.2 Hiking.
- 5.3 Research and education.
- 5.4 Arts and crafts tourism.
- 5.5 Pilgrimage.
- 5.6 Festivals.
- 5.7 Wellness tourism.
What are the 4 sectors of hospitality industry?
The four main hospitality industry sectors
- 1 Entertainment and recreation. This includes all businesses that are dedicated to providing an entertainment service. …
- 2 Food and beverage (F&B) The food and beverage industry (F&B) industry is the largest sector within hospitality . …
- 3 Lodging. …
- 4 Travel & tourism.
What is the meaning of tourism sector?
1. An economic sector where users spend their time by recreational activities mostly but not necessarily in remote locations other than where they permanently work and get education.
Is tourism a tertiary sector?
Tourism. 2. Tertiary Sector Transport Tourism Trade Telecommunications Banking Education and Culture Healthcare System Others (lower-end tertiary sector): domestic work; street vending…